Work With Us
Welcome, and thank you for your interest
- Hi, I’m Loren Polster, a graphic designer and front-end web developer of 13 years in the process of building a little virtual agency, bound for glory.
- We’re looking for problem-solvers, with initiative, integrity and talent.
- We specialize in ongoing service contracts for medium-sized SaaS companies. We offer them fast-turnarounds and a range of design and web development services. This means there’s corporate production work, but we always aim to bring a unique and upgraded excellence to that space, and to everything we do.
- If you’re interested in building something, in having your ideas be heard and in improving yourself and others, we’d love to chat.
We Can Offer
- Weekly contractors are paid in advance each week.
- As-needed contractors are paid for their time every two weeks.
- While we work a typical work schedule, we accommodate flexibility and unpredictability.
- You’re paid for the hours you work.
learn, grow & Build
- Learn from my 13 years of experience as well as from your other team members.
- This is the ground-floor. Help build this company and have your ideas be heard.
- We’re constantly looking for ways to improve our business and ourselves.
Balance & Positivity
- We deliver above and beyond for our clients, while also setting boundaries so we don’t burn out on unreasonable expectations.
- I was a freelancer for over 13 years, so I treat my team how I want to be treated
- We’re just nice to each other 🙂
- We strive for a culture based on excellence, integrity, efficiency and improvement, and want to be sure we hire people who are enthusiastic about living those ideals as well.
- Here are a list of agreements based on those values we ask you to make if you work with us. Please read them before applying.
HOURLY CONTRACT WORK
- All positions are paid hourly, either in a weekly contract or on an as-needed basis.
- We were 100% remote before the pandemic, and plan to continue after it ends.
- Apply for a position below.
- We’ll review and let you know either way.
- If it looks good, we’ll interview.
- If that goes well, we’ll do some test projects.
- If those go well, we’ll approve you as a contractor and either:
- Offer you a weekly retainer: 15–40 hours / week.
- Assign you work on an as-needed basis, and pay you every two weeks.
PLEASE DO NOT
- Reach out on other channels — Linkedin, email, booking a consultation, etc. This will not make you stand out, it just clutters my inboxes and will disqualify your application.
Graphic & Web Designer - 20-40 Hours / Week
- Produce excellent original design work in brand development, collateral, website and UX design, and other promotional materials
- Execute less-exciting design production work with excellence
- Extending a brand to a set of several digital ads
- Sometimes in non-design programs like PPT
- Edit and possibly build web pages — usually through page-building interfaces on wordpress not requiring code
- Respond quickly, be on call during scheduled hours, and provide fast turnarounds
- Prioritize our client work (if part time and taking on other projects)
- Manage projects and eventually clients and other designers
- Own projects and find great solutions
- General project admin, field requests into tasks, etc.
- Maintain unwavering politeness and respect to our team and clients
- Follow and improve our processes & protocols
- Keep files and notes organized, and help find better ways to do so
- Learn and implement best practices for producing assets — animated ad banners, PPT templates, email signatures
- 5+ years professional design experience
- Agency experience is a big plus, but not required
- Adobe CC expertise and programs — namely AI, PSD, INDD
- Available 20–40 hours per week
- Native English speaking
- US timeszones — ideally PST
- Familiarity with WordPress basics
- CSS and any front-end knowledge is a big plus, but not required
- $40–80 / hour depending on experience, quality, efficiency — and volume of hours in retainer